Forging course – How to forge an axeArt.no: N/A
- Price: SEK 5000 including VAT
- Length: 2 days (from 9am day 1 to 4 pm day 2)
- Date: 16 – 17 March, 23 – 24 March, 6 – 7 April, 18 – 19 May, 25 – 26 May, 1 – 2 June, 21 – 22 September, 12 – 13 October, 19 – 20 October, 26 – 27 October
- Content: Practical instruction, including materials, Breakfast, lunch, coffee and 3-course dinner plus accommodation (1 night)
- Instruction in Swedish & English
Now you have the opportunity to test making your own axe. Together with Naturkompaniet, Gränsfors Bruk has developed a “have-a-go” course in axe forging. This is the perfect course for people who want to try something very different, or for the crowd of friends who have already done “everything”.
The courses are led by Fredrik Thelin, a well-qualified and skilled blacksmith with 20 years of experience. With the help of examples and instructions, you will be given a step-by-step introduction, in a group of maximum 8 people, to the methods and holds involved in hot forging. You will learn to light and use the forge and get to know a little more about the tools and material used. The focus of the course is to give participants the opportunity to try out the basics of axe forging and the various steps of the manufacturing process. You start by forging the head of the axe and then continue the process by hardening, tempering, grinding and putting a handle on the axe. The course objective is that each participant will be able to take their own handmade axe home with them.
Note that the price of this course includes accommodation.