Timber Jointing – DalaknutArt.no: N/A
The course leader takes course participants through log-building from log to finished house. Participants have the opportunity to try out and use various broad axes, other axes and traditional equipment for log-building.
- Price: 10 000 SEK including VAT
- Lenght: 7 days
- Dates: The date of 2018 will be published in October
- Content: Practical instruction in groups or individually, Lunch, coffee and dinner
The course leader takes course participants through log-building from log to finished house. Participants have the opportunity to try out and use various broad axes, other axes and traditional equipment for log-building. Instruction is also given in the use of modern equipment for sawing and milling logs for building log houses.
This course is led by our trainers Andreas Hipf . Andreas is a talented carpenter with a multi-year experience in the field and is a trained carpenter in Germany. Andreas has also been hiking journeyman during his trip , he worked with carpenters for over ten different countries.
The course books are ‘From Log to Log House’ by Sven-Gunnar Håkansson and ‘Knuttimring’ [Timber Jointing] by Jan-Ove Jansson.
The minimum age for course participants is 16.
- Design of a simple log house
- Ground and foundation
- Log-building tools and how to sharpen them
- Obtaining, selecting, drying and sawing timber
- Hewing technique
- Types of joints – Dalaknut
- Door and window openings
- Roof construction
- Grinding – The different phases, coarse and fine grinding
- Browning and strigling
- Different edges and their grinding technologies