Log-building Course – Timber JointingArt.no: N/A
The course leader takes course participants through log-building from log to finished house. Participants have the opportunity to try out and use various broad axes, other axes and traditional equipment for log-building.
- Price: SEK 9500 including VAT
- Lenght: 5 days
- Date: 24 – 28 June, 15 – 19 July, 5 – 9 August, 26 – 30 August
- Content: Practical instruction in groups or individually, Lunch, coffee and dinner
- The course is conducted in Swedish, English and German
The course leader takes course participants through log-building from log to finished house. Participants have the opportunity to try out and use various broad axes, other axes and traditional equipment for log-building. Instruction is also given in the use of modern equipment for sawing and milling logs for building log houses.
This course is led by our trainers Andreas Hipf . Andreas is a talented carpenter with a multi-year experience in the field and is a trained carpenter in Germany. Andreas has also been hiking journeyman during his trip , he worked with carpenters for over ten different countries.
The course books are ‘From Log to Log House’ by Sven-Gunnar Håkansson and ‘Knuttimring’ [Timber Jointing] by Jan-Ove Jansson.
The minimum age for course participants is 16.
- Building a simple log house
- Ground and foundation
- Log-building tools and how to sharpen them
- Obtaining, selecting, drying and sawing timber
- Hewing technique
- The “Dalaknut” & “Haklaxknut”
- Door and window openings
- Roof construction
- Different edges and their grinding techniques
What to bring to the course
Folding rule and pencil. Steel-capped safety boots with penetration-resistant soles are recommended but not compulsory. Hard wearing clothing in the form of work overalls/protective clothing will also be good to have. All other equipment is available to borrow on site. It is an advantage if you have read the course books mentioned above before the course starts.